Judy Rodman is an award winning vocal coach, hit recording artist, stage and television performer, multi-genre hit songwriter with song catalogs at BMG, Universal, Warner Music, Chrysalis Music and Favorable Wind Songs, a top session singer, studio producer and vocal consultant. Named "Best Vocal Coach" 2011 by NashvilleMusicPros.com, Judy teaches her vocal training method “Power, Path and Performance” to singers and speakers nationally and internationally from her Nashville office, by phone and Skype.
Judy is a published author with two PPP vocal training courses, a groundbreaking multimedia guide called “Singing In The Studio”, two music blogs at www.judyrodman.com and www.judyrodmanproductions.com and over 60 articles at www.ezinearticles.com. She publishes a bi-monthly newsletter for Judy Rodman Productions. Her articles have appeared in magazines and websites such as Vocals Magazine, Indie Connect Magazine, Music After 50, Nashville Music Pros, Music News Nashville Magazine, Music Competition Network ezine and many more.
She developed and hosts “All Things Vocal” internet radio show and gives keynote speeches and advanced workshops and seminars around the country on the voice and vocal production.
Judy's vocal students and recording clients include top recording artists and indie musicians. Her latest songwriting success is a co-write with Michael Black titled "Missing Child". Judy produced the song on pop artist Emil Bishaw; his recording and the accompanying video has been featured on Nancy Grace and appears on the CNN website. With Judy's production, Emil won 2010's "New AC Artist" award at Music News Weekly.com. Judy has also written music for two musicals which have had rave reviews for several initial workshop productions.
With literally thousands of studio credits, Judy can regularly be found in recording studios producing projects, or producing vocals as part of other production teams, as well as creating arrangements and singing background vocals. She also regularly writes and co-writes for multigenre recording projects.
She is an active member of AFTRA, SAG, AFofM and NSAI.
Current activities include:
- Full 2011 production for alt country artist duo Flyte Three, teen country artist Sophie Hanneken, r&b pop singer Tiffany Haseker.
- Vocal production for country duo “Winfield’s Locket”, pop artist Chaz McKinney, pop artist Maria Sarah, jazz artist Melody Deforge, Christian singer Molly Porter.
- Songs soon-to-be released by Emil, Christian contemporary singer Christa DeJarnett, teen country singer Sophie Hanneken and pop artist Chaz McKinney.
- Giving vocal lessons for contemporary voices in her Nashville office; nationally & internationally by phone and Skype.
- Booked for upcoming vocal seminars for Prinwall Entertainment and Indie Connect, work with PCG Nashville clients..
- Marketing her vocal training guides “Power Path and Performance”, “Singing In The Studio” and "Vocal Performance Workshop", also "Hearfones" vocal training aid.
- Performing her songs in pro songwriter rounds in Nashville, performing concerts as lead singer in the Americana band "Judy Rodman and 6Play".
Rodman’s career credits include:
- Top session vocalist: Lead and background vocals on thousands of jingles, radio IDs and voice-overs, master recording artists’ albums, songwriter projects and live shows.
- Recording artist: winner of ACMA’s Best New Female Vocalist of the Year 1985, #1 and top 10 singles, video award from Music Row Magazine, named “Top New Country Female by Billboard Magazine, toured as major venue headliner and opening act, guest artist on national TV shows such as Johnny Carson’s Tonight Show, Austin City Limits, Hee Haw, Farm Aid 1 and 11, Nashville Now, New Country, Grand Ole Opry, Crook and Chase. Now recording as lead singer and songwriter of Americana band Judy Rodman and 6Play.
- Songwriter: Has country, pop, rock, alternative and r&b songs in catalogs published by BMG, MCA, Warner Music, Chrysalis Music and Favorable Wind Songs. Has been recorded by herself, Loretta Lynn, Diamond Rio, Tammy Wynette, Wynonna, Randy Travis, Emil Bishaw, Christa DeJarnett and many other major label and new recording artists. She received a BMI “Millionaire Award” for her co-written song “One Way Ticket (Because I Can)” Recently her co-written song “Missing Child”, cut by Emil Bishaw, was used to benefit the National Missing Children Organization and the video featured on CNN. She has written music for two rock musicals “Runaway Home” and “We The People”. Her co-writers include hall of fame legends and hit makers in several genres. Main songwriter for Judy Rodman and 6Play.
- Producer: Rodman produces tracks and vocals on recording projects, including country, Christian, pop, r&b, rock and alternative music. She has joined many other production teams in the role of vocal producer –including producers Mike Borchetta, Tom Paden, Ilya Toshinsky. Teen pop singer Emil Bishaw won "New AC Artist" 2011 at NewMusicWeekly.com and Michael Hodges got almost 5 million hits on his MySpace page with Judy's productions. She was music producer and songwriter for the musicals "Runaway Home " (also serving as music director for the play) and "We The People", scripts written by Darren Butler. She was vocal producer on multi genre Karaoke projects. She produces most of her songwriting catalogs, plays keyboard, mandolin on some tracks. She is a master vocal arranger and contractor for some of the best session singers in the world.
- Vocal coach: Named "Best Vocal Coach" at Nashville Music Pros.com. Creator of “Power, Path & Performance™" vocal training method & cd course. Creator of professional multimedia guide “Singing In The Studio”. She trains all genres of contemporary voice from beginner to top recording artist. She also trains the talking voices of public speakers, ministers, teachers, business people. Among her thousands of vocal training clients are pop star Mat Kearney, singer/songwriter Radney Foster, national public speaker/author and recording artist Jenni Schaefer and country artist Pam Tillis. Managers, labels, producers, engineers and talent agencies hire her as vocal coach for their clients. Developer of national P.P.P. seminars. Creator and host of "All Things Vocal" blog, newsletter and radio shows. Host of advanced vocal production workshops, speaker on the voice for organizations and companies.
- Judy is also a SAG actor and voice-over artist with principal and extra roles in commercials, industrial films and recordings.