Judy Rodman is an award winning vocal coach, hit recording artist, stage and television performer, multi-genre hit songwriter with song catalogs at BMG, Universal, Warner Music, Chrysalis Music and Favorable Wind Songs. She is also a top session singer, public speaker, studio producer and vocal consultant.
Judy was named "Best Vocal Coach" 2011 by the Nashville Music Pros Organization, and "Vocal Coach in Residence, August 2013" by TC Helicon's VoiceCouncil Magazine. She teaches her vocal training method “Power, Path and Performance” to singers and speakers globally online through Zoom. Her clients include major and indie recording artists and labels, artist development companies, touring and studio background singers, national public speakers, teachers and voiceover talent. Her students and recording clients have appeared on The Today Show, Letterman, Ellen Degeneres, The Voice, American Idol, America's Got Talent, Grammys, CMA, ACM & MTV Awards Shows, New York Times Best Seller list.
Judy is a published author with two PPP vocal training courses, a groundbreaking multimedia guide called 'Singing In The Studio', a DVD video presentation for producers and engineers called 'Vocal Production Workshop' and an online course released in 2022 called 'Speaking Voice Technique'. Her 'All Things Vocal' blog has over two million views. He has over 60 articles at www.ezinearticles.com. She publishes a newsletter for Judy Rodman Productions. Her articles have appeared in myriads of books, magazines and websites that serve the music industry and voice matters such as Vocals Magazine, VoiceCouncil Magazine, Indie Connect Magazine, Music After 50, Nashville Music Pros, Music News Nashville Magazine, Nashville Musicians Survival Guide, PCG Nashville, Music Starts Here, Music Competition Network ezine.
As public speaker, Judy gives keynote speeches, seminars and advanced workshops on the voice and vocal production. She is creator and host of 'All Things Vocal' podcast, available on iTunes, Google Podcast, Spotify and most other podcast apps.
Judy writes and co-writes in her Nashville office. Among her many cuts and songwriting awards: top 10 Billboard single "She Thinks That She'll Marry" and BMI Millionaire award for “One Way Ticket (Because I Can), cut by LeAnn Rimes. Her co-write "Missing Child" was featured on Nancy Grace and appeared on the CNN website. Her co-write 'Gambler Of Us All' is on the soundtrack of the 2015 Robert Duvall movie "Wild Horses". A song she co-wrote with her husband and son titled 'Somethin Like That' is in an episode of the Amazon SciFi series 'The Expanse'. Judy collaborated with Darren J. Butler, writing songs and as music director for two contemporary musicals "Runaway Home" and "We The People".
With literally thousands of studio credits, Judy can regularly be found in recording studios. Along with her full productions, Judy loves doing vocal production as part of other teams led by such as noted producers as Greg Archilla, Bob Bullock, Roger Ryan, Rogers Masson, Ron Oates, Tom Paden, Dick McVey, Jay Vern, Michael Stergis, Ilya Toshinsky. She also creates arrangements and sings background vocals. She writes and co-writes for many projects.
Previously MTM Records artist with chart topping singles, national tours, performances on major TV shows, winner of “ACM New Female Vocalist”, Judy released the cd "Here We Are" in 2015 with her husband as “John and Judy Rodman”.
She is a member AFTRA, SAG, AFM, BMI and NATS.
Rodman’s career credits include:
- Top Session Vocalist:
- Lead and background vocals on thousands of jingles, radio IDs and voice-overs, master recording artists’ albums, songwriter projects and live shows. Currently singing and arranging background vocals in studios all over Nashville, Tn.
- Recording & Performing Artist:
- Winner of ACMA’s Best New Female Vocalist of the Year 1985,
- #1 and top 10 singles “Until I Met You”, “Girls Ride Horse, Too”, “I’ll Be Your Baby Tonight” , “She Thinks That She’ll Marry”, three more top 40 singles.
- Video award from Music Row Magazine for “You’re Gonna Miss Me When I’m Gone”
- Named “Top New Country Female by Billboard Magazine,
- Toured as major venue headliner and opening act, guest artist on national TV shows such as Johnny Carson’s Tonight Show, Austin City Limits, Hee Haw, Farm Aid 1 and 11, Nashville Now, New Country, Grand Ole Opry, Crook and Chase.
- Lead singer, keyboardist and songwriter with her husband in their Americana band John and Judy Rodman. They released their album 'Here We Are' in 2015.
- Has country, pop, rock, alternative and r&b songs in catalogs published by BMG, MCA, Warner Music, Chrysalis Music and Favorable Wind Songs. Has been recorded by herself, Loretta Lynn, Diamond Rio, Tammy Wynette, Wynonna, Randy Travis and many other major label and indie recording artists.
She received a BMI “Millionaire Award” for her co-written song “One Way Ticket (Because I Can)” Her co-written song “Missing Child”, cut by Emil Bishaw, was used to benefit the National Missing Children Organization and the video featured on CNN. She co-wrote 'Be My Rain' with Shantell Odgen on the album'Ghosts In The Fields' which won IMEA American Album of the Year 2014. She co-wrote 'Gambler Of Us All' which appeared in the 2015 Robert Duvall film 'Wild Horses'. She co-wrote 'Somethin Like That' which appeared in an episode of the Amazon SciFi series 'The Expanse'.
She has written music for two rock musicals “Runaway Home” and “We The People”. Her co-writers include hall of fame legends and hit makers in several genres.
Judy co-wrote the songs for the 2015 album 'Here We Are' she recorded with her husband John. Her latest songwriting cut was released by artist Tiffany Haseker, titled 'We Need To Talk'.
- Producer and Vocal Producer:
Judy has produced country, Christian, pop, r&b, rock and alternative music artists. Teen pop singer Emil Bishaw won "New AC Artist" 2011 at NewMusicWeekly.com and Michael Hodges got almost 5 million hits on his MySpace page with Judy's productions. Artists she produced include Jenny Tolman, Flyte Three, Charity Cox and Tiffany Haseker. Tiffany won New Music Weekly's 'New Country Artist of the Year' award for 2022 and had a single off the album "The One" stay at #1 for several weeks. Judy was music producer and songwriter for the musicals "Runaway Home " (also serving as music director for the play), "We The People", and "Take My Seat", scripts written by Darren J. Butler. She produces most of her songwriting catalogs, plays keyboard, mandolin on some tracks.
- As vocal producer:
She has joined many other production teams in the role of vocal producer –including producers Greg Archilla, Roger Moutenot, John Willis, Bob Bullock, Roger Ryan, Britton Cameron, Ron Oates, Rogers Masson, Tom Paden, Dick McVey, Jay Vern, Michael Stergis, Ilya Toshinsky, Mark Goodman. She was vocal producer, singer, arranger and AFTRA contractor for several companies creating Karaoke guides and tracks. Artists whose vocals she produced include Adia Victoria, Pam Tillis, Adley Stump, Megan Fowler and Shantell Ogden, who won IMEA's Americana Album of 2014.
- Vocal Coach:
- Judy gives vocal lessons for studio and stage voices in her Nashville office; nationally & internationally by phone and Skype. She was named "Best Vocal Coach 2011" by Nashville Music Pros. and designated 'Vocal Coach in Residence" August 2013 by TC Helicon's VoiceCouncil Magazine. Her current clients include artists working with PCG Nashville, Roger Ryan Productions, Mercury and Atlantic Records artists.
- Creator of “Power, Path & Performance™" vocal training method & cd courses, “Singing In The Studio” multimedia guide, and "Vocal Production Workshop" DVD for producers and audio engineers. Creator and host of "All Things Vocal" podcast and blog with over a million views. She is a distributor for ‘Hearfones’ vocal training aid.
- Developer of national P.P.P. seminars, host of advanced vocal production workshops, speaker on the voice for organizations and companies including Dark Horse Institute for audio engineers, PCG Artist Development, Indie Connect and New Roots Artist Development.
- Judy gives vocal lessons over Zoom online. She works with all genres of contemporary voice from beginner to top recording artist. Managers, labels, producers, engineers and talent agencies hire her as vocal coach, and often as vocal producer, for their clients. She also trains speaking voices of business people, teachers, public speakers, ministers, actors and voice-over artists.
- Among her thousands of clients are pop star Mat Kearney, singer/songwriter Radney Foster, national public speaker/author and recording artist Jenni Schaefer, country artists Pam Tillis, Bryan White, r&b diva Shae Williams, Australian rocker 'KAATO', Canadian rock artist Salem Jones of "One Soul Thrust", business coach and speaker Mike Coleman, NYT Best Selling novelist and public speaker Jon Acuff, WSMV news reporters and NY voiceover artist Linda Bruno.
- Actor and Voice-Over Talent
- Judy has performed principal and extra roles in commercials, musical theater, and industrial films. She hosts her own podcast 'All Things Vocal' and has guested on many other podcasts.
Member of AFTRA, SAG, AFM, BMI and NATS