About Judy Rodman
Judy Rodman's transformational work with singers and speakers comes from over 5 decades of award-winning success as studio and stage vocalist, speaker, studio producer, author, songwriter and vocal coach. Based in Nashville, Tennessee, she trains singers and speakers globally in online lessons and courses.
She has sung backgrounds on decades of hit records and was staff singer at the William B. Tanner jingle company for 7 years. She was named 'Best Vocal Coach' by ‘Nashville Music Pros’ and 'Vocal Coach In Residence' by the Voice Council Magazine. She won ACM’s and Billboard’s ‘New Female Vocalist’ award as artist and BMI's ‘Million-air’ award for 'One Way Ticket' as songwriter. She has produced indie chart-topping records on pop and country artists.
Judy is the author of several pro-level vocal training courses for singers and speakers. She is creator and host of ‘All Things Vocal’ blog and podcast which respectively have over two million views and 174,000 plays. As public speaker, she presents to industry groups on various aspects of the professional voice.
Her vocal students and recording clients including Linda Bruno, Jon Acuff, Radney Foster, Kacey Musgraves and Mat Kearney have appeared on The Today Show, The Tonight Show, Letterman, Ellen Degeneres, Madison Square Garden, The Voice, American Idol, America's Got Talent, Grammys, CMA, ACM & MTV Awards Shows, New York Times Best Seller list.
Judy writes and co-writes in her Nashville office. Her credits include top 10 Billboard single "She Thinks That She'll Marry", BMI Millionaire award for the #1 hit “One Way Ticket (Because I Can) cut by LeAnn Rimes. Her synch credits include 'Gambler Of Us All' which she co-wrote and produced and is in the soundtrack of the 2015 Robert Duvall movie "Wild Horses", and "Somethin Like That" which she produced and cowrote and was placed in the Amazon Scifi series "The Expanse". Judy collaborates with Darren J. Butler, writing songs and as music director for three contemporary musicals "Runaway Home", "We The People" and "Take My Seat". Still works in progress, they received terrific responses at workshop productions.
With literally thousands of studio credits, Judy can regularly be found in the recording studio producing tracks or producing vocals as part of other production teams, as well as creating arrangements and singing background vocals. Her full production credits include Emil Bishaw who won 'New AC Artist' at Music News Weekly in 2010 and hit #1 on several indie charts for a record 9 weeks. Her production of Jenny Tolman resulted in national and international acclaim including finalist in 2013 International Songwriting Competition and Unsigned Artists awards. Country rock artist Tiffany Haseker hit #1 on several indie charts and won New Music Awards' "Country New Artist of The Year" in 2022 with an album produced by Judy.
Judy also specalizes and loves her work as vocal producer on projects headed by other producers including Greg Archilla, Bob Bullock, Roger Ryan, Britton Cameron, Rogers Masson, Ron Oates, Tom Paden, Dick McVey, Jimmy Ritchie, Michael Stergis, Ilya Toshinsky. Her clients have included Adia Victoria, Jennafer Lynsey, Jenni Schaefer, Taylor Ware, Pam Tillis, Adley Stump, Emily Male, Winfield's Locket, Megan Fowler, and Shantell Odgen - who won IMEA's "Americana Album of the Year' 2014 with Judy as her vocal producer.
Previously MTM Records artist with chart topping singles, national tours, performances on major TV shows, winner of “ACM New Female Vocalist”, Judy's latest recording project is "Here We Are", written, produced and performed with her husband as “John and Judy Rodman”.
Specific career credits:
SESSION SINGER AND VOICE‑OVER TALENT:
- Staff singer for 6 years at the William B. Tanner jingle company.
- Lead and/or background vocals on thousands of jingles including United Airlines, Miller Beer, McDonalds, Kelloggs, Chevrolet, Lay's Potato Chips, Biz Bleach, Opryland, thousands of radio ID spots and voice‑overs.
- Background vocalist, arranger and/or contractor on hundreds of master albums, live shows and TV for artists including TG Sheppard, Rick Dees, Carla Thomas, O.V. Wright, George Strait, George Jones, Mel McDaniels, Ed Bruce, Johnny Cash, Janie Fricke, Tom Jones, Elvis Presley, Crystal Gail, Jerry Lee Lewis, Tom T. Hall, Brenda Lee, Ray Charles, Tammy Wynette, Lee Greenwood, Ann Peebles, Ray Stevens, Steve Wariner, Tanya Tucker, Johnny Paycheck, The Gatlin Brothers, Aaron Tippin, Dolly Parton, Reba, Wynonna, Bryan White and many others... larger discography available here.
- Lead and background vocalist on thousands of demos for herself and other major songwriters.
- Signed as first recording artist for MTM Records
- Won Academy of Country Music's "Top New Female Vocalist" Award in 1985
- Single "Until I Met You" #1 in Billboard, Cashbox, Gavin and R&R charts
- Other top 10 singles: "She Thinks That She'll Marry", " Girls Ride Horses Too", " I’ll Be Your Baby Tonight"; Five other top 40 singles
- Video award from Music Row Magazine for "You're Gonna Miss Me When I'm Gone"
- Made five videos of her radio hits.
- Named "Top New Country Female" by Billboard Magazine 1986
- National TV Appearances: "The Tonight Show" with Johnny Carson, "The Country Music Association Awards Show", "Austin City Limits, "Hee Haw", "Farm Aid I and II", "Nashville Now", "New Country", "Grand Ole Opry, "Crook & Chase" , and many others
- Tour Dates with The Oak Ridge Boys, George Jones, Willie Nelson, Loretta Lynn, John Conley, Dan Seals, George Strait, Merle Haggard, Ricky Van Shelton, many others
- Performed in state fairs, theater‑in‑the rounds, college auditoriums, rodeos, clubs, festivals, auditoriums and stadiums, two "Farm Aid" performances, billed on many shows as headliner
- In 2012, formed her own band again with her husband/drummer. John and Judy Rodman showcase and subsequent performances have garnered praise and standing ovations. Their CD "Here We Are" was released spring of 2015 to rave reviews.
- Writer on songs published by BMG, MCA, Warner/Chappell, Chrysalis Music, and Favorable Wind Songs. Multiple genre writer, currently writing with many of her production clients.
- Judy's songs have been recorded by herself, Loretta Lynn, Diamond Rio, Tammy Wynette & Wynonna, Randy Travis, bluegrass sensation Randy Koors, teen pop Emil Bishaw, Christian contemporary Marky Silvers and the #1 song recorded by Leann Rimes "One Way Ticket", among many other indie artists.
- Songwriter & arranger for the new musical "Runaway Home", webisode series and movie "A Fix".
- Judy’s many co-writers include award-winning songwriters Dave Loggins, Ross Vannelli, Karen Taylor-Good, Robert Jason, Jimmy Scott, Jane Bach and Jerry Foster.
- She co-wrote 'Be My Rain' with Shantell Ogden, on the lp 'Ghosts In The Fields' for which Shantell won IMEA Americana Album of the Year 2014.
- Her co-write 'Gambler Of Us All', sung by Michael Hodges, was in the 2015 Robert Duval movie 'Wild Horses'. Her co-write "Something Like That", sung by herself, was placed in an episode of Amazon scifi series 'The Expanse'
- Music director, keyboard player, arranger & recording studio producer for the new musicals "Runaway Home", "We The People, and for the movie short "A Fix" which included cast member Skye McCole Bartusiak, and "Take My Seat".
- Track & vocal producer for multi-genres of recording artists including Jenny Tolman, Flyte Three, Emil Bishaw, Christa DeJarnett, Darby Haas, Ben Wasson, Tiffany Haseker, John Farndell, Michael Hodges, Andrea Penzel, Dawn Nichols, Kasie Smith, Julia Loewen, Joy Jones, Billy Devereaux, Cecilia Halsey, Charity Cox and many more. Songwriter on some of these projects.
- Vocal Producer, arranger and contractor for thousands of projects including jingles, master albums, demos, Karaoke catalogs including pop, rock, Americana, R&B, Christian, bluegrass, gospel, and country. Producers she's teamed with include Greg Archilla, Roger Moutenot, John Willis, Bob Bullock, Roger Ryan, Britton Cameron, Ron Oates, Rogers Masson, Tom Paden, Dick McVey, Jay Vern, Michael Stergis, Ilya Toshinsky. In 2014 Judy produced vocals on Shantell Ogden who won IMEA 'Americana Album of the Year' for that project. Other vocal production artists include Adia Victoria, Jennafer Lynsey, Taylor Ware, Pam Tillis, Adley Stump, Winfield's Locket Marky Silvers, Emily Male, Jenni Schaefer, Jordyn Mallory, Mersaidee Soules, Deanna Freeman, Lynn Bryant, Corinne Chapman and Shelly Ruffin, Rodeo House, Jenny and Ashley duo, Trent Bourgeois, Taylor Ware, Joy Kate, Cassandra Russell, Maria Sarah, Andrea Price, Riley Roth, Megan Fowler, Shae Williams, Chaz McKinney, Mackenzie Morgan and many more.
- Track producer on most of her songwriting catalogs.
- Plays keyboard, mandolin and guitar.
- Named "Best Vocal Coach" 2011 by Nashville Music Pros organization.
- Named "Vocal Coach in Residence" August 2013 for TC Helicon's Voicecouncil.com.
- Professional vocal coach for many musical genres and thousands of singers and speakers including recording artists Kasey Musgraves, Victoria Adia, Kelsie May, Bryan White, Mat Kearney, Radney Foster, Pam Tillis, Angaleena Presley, Winfield's Locket, Flyte Three, Marky Silvers, Dakota Bradley, Casey Thrasher, Preston James; Dave Ramsey company speakers including Jon Acuff , Rachel Cruze, Chris Locurto, Chris Hogan, Christy Wright & Anthony O'Neal; voiceover talent Linda Bruno; author/speakers Michael Hyatt and Jenni Schaefer; business coach Mike Coleman, acting coach Briget Berger, minister/counselor Terry Smith, all other artists listed under "Producer" above.
- Managers, producers, engineers, talent agencies and artist development companies hire her to coach their clients in preproduction lessons and in the studio.
- Developer of vocal seminars, workshops and keynote concerts.
- Published author...
- with two “Power, Path and Performance” vocal training courses, a groundbreaking multimedia guide called “Singing In The Studio”, a DVD video presentation for producers and engineers called “Vocal Production Workshop” and new video course 'Speaking Voice Technique'.
- All Things Vocal blog with over 2,000,000 views.
- All Things Vocal podcast with over 174,000 plays... on Spotify, Apple, most other apps
- over 60 articles at www.ezinearticles.com.
- Her articles have appeared in books, magazines and websites such as the Music Starts Here, Nashville Musician Survival Guide, Vocals Magazine, Indie Connect Magazine, Voicecouncil.com, Music News Nashville, The Modern Vocalist, TC Helicon's The Ultimate Guide To Singing, and many more.
PUBLIC SPEAKER, ACTOR:
- Keynote speaker, seminar and workshop host on topics related to voice and music production. Presentations given to groups including Indie Connect, Middle Tennessee State University, University of Northern Alabama, Darren Butler Acting Studio, El Paso Acting School, Musician's Union, PCG Nashville Artist Bootcamps and various churches and other venues.
- Radio ID voice-overs for the Tanner Company, Memphis, TN
- Podcast host (All Things Vocal)
- Various TV commercials including Chevrolet (Louisiana)
- Medical industrial films for Ganick Productions
- Actor & music director for 2006 play "Daughters Of Eve"
- Narrator for pop psychology cd, voice on "Homework Hotline" system
- Voice on Electrical Abs Stim instruction video, "Power, Path and Performance" vocal training courses, as well as her video courses.
- Actor playing "Edna" in "Runaway Home- the Musical".